Please use this address (URL) for the database:
Beside the simple search for name, title, place, or keyword in the OMAR manuscripts metadata (source file: “autkat”, see below no. 3), the databank allows a combined search in more than one index e.g. name and keyword (see below no. 4). The same research is possible in the source file „mlg“ (see below no. 5), but not in the simultaneous mode.
Hits in the source file “autkat” refer to the microfilm numbers of the manuscripts stored at Freiburg University.
Hits in the source file “mlg” refer to the numbers of the authors who are chronologically enumerated in MLG and to their works.
Here are a few screenshots of the search mask:
(1) The search mask of the database.
(2) Show marked record. Here: no. 8, al-Qāḍī Abū l-Walīd Muḥammad b. Rušd.
(3) Search by “name” in source file “autkat”. Here: “ahmad”.
(4) Search by “name” and “keyword” in source file “autkat”. Here: “ahmad” and “sira”.
(4a) Press “here” in order to view the digitised manuscript.
(4b) Front page of manuscript number ‘MFMAU 0132 01’ indicated on the margin.
(5) Source file “mlg”. Selecting the button “mlg” allows you to search separately in all four major indexes (place, author, keywords, title) of the MLG. The hits refer to the numbers of the authors and their works as enumerated in the MLG. The superior numbers refer to the numbers of the titles listed under the author’s entry.